Minutes – Finance Committee Meeting – 15th December 2020
Minutes for a Meeting of the Finance Committee of Burgh le Marsh Town Council
Tuesday 15th December 2020 at 7.00pm
Remote Zoom Meeting
Present: Chairman: Cllr N Cooper, Cllr M Greenhalgh, Cllr P Cooper. Clerk: K. Stevenson
206.20 Receive apologies.
207.20 To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011.
208.20 Approve and adopt as minutes the notes from the meeting held on 20th October 2020.
It was Resolved to approve and adopt as minutes the notes from the meeting held on 20th October 2020.
Cllr P Phillips joined the meeting at 7.20pm
209.20 Finalise precept budget for the coming financial year April 2021 to March 2022, in order to make recommendations to the Town Council.(see appendix 1)
The committee noted all budget categories and amounts along with current expenditure.
The following budget amount changes were advised:
1. Subscriptions: The current budget is £600.00. An increase of £960.30 is advised to cover all subscription requirements to LALC, account and payroll software etc.
This would give an annual budget of £1,560.38. (breakdown attached on note 1 of the budget)
2. Civic service: The current budget is £700.00. This will remain unspent for 2020/21 as no service can be held due to Covid 19 restrictions.
It is proposed to carry forward this balance to next year’s budget and therefore reduce the budget claimed by £700.00 for 2021/22.
3. Building maintenance: The current budget is £500.00. It is proposed to add £1000.00 to the budget for maintenance such as treatment of the cladding.
This will give an annual budget of £1,500.00
4. Village Grass Cuts: The current budget is £5040.00. It is currently proposed to reduce this budget by £320.00 in line with proposals agreed at the Council meeting held on 24th November 2020.
This will give an annual budget of £4,720.00
5. Equipment (open spaces): The current budget is £2,000.00. It is proposed to reduce this by £1,000.00. It was agreed that due to changes in maintenance procedures the amount of equipment/supply requirements should be reduced.
6. War memorial (Church): The current budget is £100.00. It is proposed to keep this budget the same, however, a reserve fund should be created of the annual £100.00 balances accumulated from 2017 towards cleaning costs which is required every 10 years.
7. Church yard light: The current budget is £566.80. It is proposed to keep this budget the same. It is further proposed to investigate cost of LED light.
8.Burial Ground: There is currently no running cost budget allocated to the cemetery. It is proposed to allocate a budget of £100.00.
This will cover ICCM membership. All other maintenance costs are covered within other budget categories.
9. Parish Allowance: The current budget is £,2120.00. It is proposed that Councilors do not claim their allowance for 2020/21 and this amount be carried forward to 2021/22 therefore reducing the budget claimed by £2,120.00.
10.Section 137 (Donation): The current balance is £1,600.00. It is proposed reduce this amount by £1,000.00, which was the increased amount in last year’s budget (2020/21) to make a one-off donation to the windmill. This will give an annual budget of £600.00 as in previous years.
11. Windmill (Reserve Donation): This is a new budget category. It is proposed to create a new budget of £1,000.00 to build a reserve fund for the windmill as it is required should Lincolnshire County Council reduce their funding support to heritage.
12. Staff Costs: The current budget is £26,902.68. Due to re-organisation it is proposed to reduce this budget by £2362.00 (see confidential note 3 on the proposed budget).
This will give an annual budget of £24,540.68
13. Play equipment: This is new budget category. It is proposed to add a budget of £5,000.00 to build a reserve fund for replacement of play equipment and or council owned property.
14. Contingency: The current budget is £3,000.00. The contingency budget for 2020/21 remains unused. It is therefore proposed to reduce the budget by £1000.00.
This will give an annual contingency fund of £2,000.00.
15. Parish Agreement Income: The income received under the Parish Agreement with LCC is £1,731.09. This amount is expected to remain the same of 2021/22.
It is therefore proposed to offset this income against the precept budget claimed.
The committee recommend all the above budget amendments to make a precept claim of £71,709.03. This is a reduction of £441.62 on the precept claim for 2020/21.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.10pm.