Minutes – Planning Committee – 6th April 2021
Minutes for a meeting the Planning Committee of Burgh le Marsh Town Council
6th April 2021 at 7.00 pm
Present: Chairman: Cllr Neil Cooper, Deputy Chairman: Cllr J Moss, Cllr Pauline Cooper, Cllr Sue Blackburn, Cllr Mike Greenhalgh, Cllr Pat Phillips.
Public: No public
285.21 To receive apologies.
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Ricky Gandecha.
286.21 To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011.
287.21 To note general correspondence.
- Application S/023/00034/21, full planning application received: extension of existing warehouse to provide a new pallet storage and general warehouse building.
- Application S/023/00010/21, full planning permission, extension and alteration to existing bungalow to provide a ground floor kitchen and lounge with first-floor bedroom and ensuite over and to include raising of the roof height.
- Application, S/023/02400/20, full planning permission, planning permission – siting of 23 no. caravans lodge caravans with sheds and decking, construction of internal vehicular access roads, lighting bollards and biotech sewage treatment works.
288.21 Application: S/023/00461/21 Applicant: Mr P Shepard & Ms. E Jackson. Proposal: Planning Permission – extension and alterations to the existing dwelling to provide an attached single garage, store and sunroom and provision of rendering the existing walls. Location: 4 Bridge Holme, East End, Burgh le Marsh, Skegness PE25 5LW
The committee viewed the application and site plans. After discussion, it was resolved to support the application.
289.21 Application: S/023/00506/21 Applicant: CP Media. Proposal: Consent to display 4. No non illuminated hoarding sign at existing roundabout. Location: Sycamore Lakes, Roundabout (A 158) Skegness Road, Burgh le Marsh.
The committee noted the application and site plans. After discussion and Vote, it was unanimously resolved that the application was not supported.
The following comments being recorded to report to ELDC:
- The committee strongly disagrees with this application.
- Advertising on the roundabout does not enhance the area, it is urbanising a rural area. This is no need to clutter to countryside.
- The Town Council take on grass cutting on this roundabout under the LCC parish agreement. This advertising will undoubtedly mean an increase in time and maintenance costs with having to cut round additional posts, which are not necessary.
- Advertising on the roundabout is distracting to drivers.
290.21 Application: S/023/00572/21. Applicant: Mr and Mrs J Pycroft. Proposal: Planning permission – erection of a dormer bungalow with attached garage, construction of a vehicular access and erection of walls with piers to a maximum height of 1.7m. Location: Plot 3 Sunshine Avenue, Land of Wildshed Lane, Burgh le Marsh
The committee noted the application and site plans. After discussion it was resolved to support the application, however, the committee believes that the outside wall should be of the recommended height of 1meter.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.40pm